How it Works...
When you consign with Sweet Repeats, you earn 60% of the price for your merchandise. What's even better is that you set the price for your items Consignors also get to "hunt" for bargains earlier than the public. Consign and get a "pre-sale consignor pass." Also, as a consignor, you may volunteer.....you will receive a pass to shop FIRST and the more time you volunteer the more % you earn on your consignment!! It is a win-win for you!! Please provide self addressed stamped envelope at drop-off time. Checks will be mailed within 1 week. You may use a consignor number from previous sales - but please register with us to ensure proper credit.
Sign up to volunteer and you will get a pass to shop FIRST! You shopping time will be determined by how many hours you work at the sale! Our volunteers are a vital part of the success of our sale.
Sign Up :
* Call or Email for a Consignor number and Drop off Appt.
You must confirm your consignor number and drop off time or your slot will not be reserved for the sale
* New Consignors should call or email for a consignor number and dropoff Appt.
You must confirm your drop off time or your slot will not be reserved for the sale.
Call for a Drop-Off Appointment
Drop Off & Pickup:
Drop Off Schedule:
At Drop Off Appt:
*Items will be inspected * Bring self addressed stamped envelope * Pick up consignor shopping pass
Pick up will be Saturday, April 20, 2013, 7-8 pm
Pick up unsold items:
- Many consignors do not want to pick up items that they do not sell. They will be donated to charity!
Preparing Your Items :
Some of the information below will only apply to the Fall/winter and Spring/Summer Sale. The Home/Holiday sale varies with some of the info below.
The key to successful consigning is preparation. The better your items look the more you can charge, so take the time to prepare your items right. A little bit of work before the sale will lead to a larger check following the sale!
- All items are inspected at drop-off. Unacceptable items will be returned to you.
Or may be removed from the sales floor at any time during the sale
- Carefully inspect all clothing, toys, etc... All clothing must be in "gently used" condition. Cothing that is worn, outdated, or even barely stained will NOT be accepted!!!!!
- All buttons, snaps and zippers should be closed and in working order.
- Clean and press all garmets. The better your items look the more you can charge and the faster they'll sell!
- All clothing must be on a hanger or safety pinned to a hanger.
If tags are attached to clothing item any other way, it will not be accepted for this sale
- Clothing should be hung on the hanger so the hanger makes a question mark (?).
- Shoes must be tied together. They may be in a ziplock bag, but they don't show as well.
- Toys that require BATTERIES must have them. Toys must be in working order and like-new, and all pieces included.
- Toys, games, equipment, etc. must have all pieces, be clean and not be out-of-date. If you do not want to assemble your large item we encourage consignors to attach a photo of it assembled to the item. Items sell much faster when the customer can see exactly what they are purchasing.
Cribs or mattresses will not be accepted!!!!
Absolutely no car seats!!
- Small items (such as socks or sippy cups) may be grouped together in a large ziplock bag. Please "lock" your bag closed with a piece of clear packing tape. Be sure to write the contents of your bag on the tag!
- Beds, dressers, desks, etc should be clean and "gently used". Consider repainting furniture if it looks old or dirty. It's a good investment! Assembled furniure sells faster and goes for a higher price. If you cannot assemble attach a picture of your item.
- Nursery bedding must be washed and ironed. Bedding that is torn or stained will not be accepted. Sheets, blankets, bumpers, & quilts can be safety pinned to a hanger or placed in a ziplock bag. There is a maximum of 10 pieces of bedding per consignor
- ANIMATED Stuffed animals will be accepted. All must be clean , with battreies, and "gently used". Regular stuffed animals that are themed and gently used!!!!!!
No Stress, No Worries, tagging tips from a busy mom...
Print off provided price tags (card stock paper works best).
STOCK-UP! Stock-up on multiple packs of child size hangers, safety pins, ziplock bags, clear packing tape and maybe some ribbon.
CLEAN IT OUT! Go through every closet, under each bed, dig in the garage, open the rubbermaids and every drawer.
HANG IT! First claim a space for all your quality merchandise somewhere that is somewhat protected and clean. (This is only for a few weeks, no large commitment needed.) Now purge the toys, the clothes, the equipment and more that is ready to sell. One thing I have learned, is that no matter how many toys I sell there are always too many toys! Place all your clothing items on hangers (be sure the hanger is going the correct direction). Put together matching outfits, check for STAINS (bleach pen or Spray n Wash with Oxy!!). Items that are wrinkled can be ironed OR try the Downy Wrinkle Release - gift from Heaven!!! Remember to pin items that might get bumped off the hangers. Hang or stack neatly all your items.
What to Sell:
SPECIAL OCCASION WEAR, children's & teen clothing, shorts, t-shirts, tops, tank tops, shoes and accessories, socks, tights, and hats, that are appropriate for Spring/ Summer season. Please do not bring outdated clothing, they will not sell.
Swim suits, coverups, water shoes, floaties, etc.
Please launder and press clothes - they will sell better.
- Toys, children's books, games, puzzles, children's videos in their original case - if possible, with owner's manual or instructions.
- Highchairs, strollers, bath seats, baby swings, outside toys, playpens. We ask that all large items be less than five years old.
Any home decor including, pcitures, frames, vases, kitchen supplies, bathroom supplies, indoor and outdoor decor. Furniture, small appliances, electronics, tv's dvd players, cameras, etc. **LIMIT** 10 pieces per consignor
- Dressers, bookshelves, wardrobes, toy boxes, twin & full sized beds, bean bags. Remember: a little paint goes a long way.
Shoppers will not buy worn furniture.
- Dress-up costumes and dance attire.
- We will not accept any type of car seat!!!.
-We will inspect all items when you drop them off,
and unacceptable items will be returned to you or removed from the sales floor at any time during the sale.
- Please let us know of any larger items you will be consigning.
Tagging & Pricing:
As a consignor you set the price on all items that you are selling. Remember that bargain hunters are looking for awesome deals, so be reasonable with your pricing. Thirty percent of the original retail price is normally a good asking price. We also recommend that you allow your items to go half-price on Saturday.
*MISSING TAGS - Items with missing tags CAN NOT be sold. Be sure to attach all tags securely. Tags should be attached to clothing items with safety pins only and taped to toys or or other items securely.
If a customer wants to purchase your items but the tag has come off we cannot sell it.
*PRICING - All items must be priced in increments of .50 cents (example $1.00 or $1.50)
If an items is not worth $1.00, group it together with several other low dollar items.
Please do not price an item in any increment other than listed above!!!!!!
It makes it a disaster on 1/2 off day!!!!! Thank you !!
*If you are selling an item that was expensive, be sure to make a comment on your tag about what the retail price was.
The shopper is likely to spend more on an item when they know they are really getting a good deal!
*CONSIGNOR NUMBER written in the Bottom left hand and Top left corner of card.
(We cut the tags in half at checkout) Make sure your number your info is easy t read.
In order to get your money for the item sold we must be able to read your number.
*DESCRITPTION of item should be wriiten In center of tag .
This is very important. If your tag accidentally gets removed from an item we often can locate the item because of the tag description.
*SIZE should be written In Top Right hand corner
Sizes should be listed numerical ( ex: 6 mths, 18 mths, 4t, 8, etc.)
Small, Med and Lg will NOT be accepted!!!!!!!!
*PRICE should be listed in the bottom right corner of tag
*Reduced??? You must mark YES or No if the items is to be reduced on the half-off day. If yes or no are not marked , we can only assume the items will NOT be reduced!!!!!!!!
*CHANGED TAGS -Tags with prices or consignor numbers marked through will not be accepted.
If you need to change a price please make a new tag.
*Multi-Piece Item Tagging Instructions (such as a multi-piece bedding set): For non-hanging items with multiple separate pieces, put a tag on EACH piece. In the description section, write "1 of X" where X is the number of pieces. Complete each tag with consignor #, description, and "2 of X", "3 of X" etc... DO NOT write the price on any tag except the first!
Hanging items with several pieces should be pinned to the same hanger or if on separate hangers, they should be rubber banded together very securely!!!! Use only ONE tag.
*Hang all clothing on a hanger. The hanger needs to face left so it looks like a question mark (?). Children's hangers can be purchased at local stores ten for about one dollar. You can often pick up hangers at a local thrift store for less. You can also reuse the hangers from any new clothes you buy or from the items you purchased at our last sale! Wal-Mart, JC Penney's and other department stores will often give our their leftover hangers. It never hurts to ask!
*Pants/shorts/skirts need to be safety pinned to a hanger if you are not using a pants hanger.
*Onesies/baby sleepers/pajamas sell better when they are on a hanger versus put in a ziplock bag.
Hang the first item on a hanger and then safety pin the other items to the back. People like to see exactly what they are buying.
*SAFETY PINS your tag to clothing on the right front. Safety pins are the best way to attach the tags to the garment of clothing. You can tape your pricing tags to toys, furniture, etc. Just make sure the tag are attached securely.
PLEASE ABSOLUTELY NOT STRAIGHT PINS, STAPLES OR TAPE ON CLOTHING ITEMS!!!!!!!
*SHOES may be tied together with a string, shoelaces tied together, held fast with safety pins, or put in ziplock bags.
*Get ready for our next sale! As your child outgrows clothing wash it, tag it, and hang it. This will make preparation a breeze for our next sale!
Remember - Items will sell best when they are clean and are in good condition. It's worth your time to launder and press clothes, clean up baby equipment, and write clearly on your tags and clearly mark if you want your items to go 1/2 off !!!!!!!!